top of page

I believe that I meet the requirements. How do I apply to City?

Baltimore City Public School System students should contact their middle school guidance counselors and/or school choice liaisons to have their applications submitted by the January deadline.

All other students should contact the admissions office at" Applications must be submitted by the January deadline.


I am currently attending another high school, but I would like to transfer to City next year. How do I apply?

Contact the Office of Enrollment, Choice, and Transfers (410-396-8600).


How can I sign up to visit City College?

​Please contact the admissions office at to schedule a visit


"Shadowing" provides the opportunity for eighth grade students who currently attend private or non-BCPSS schools who are interested in attending City College to spend a half-day with a ninth or tenth grader as he/she goes through the daily schedule. "Shadows" need to bring a notebook, paper, pen and pencil. "Shadows" are expected to wear appropriate attire and be attentive, active participants in class.


Qualified students from Baltimore City Public Schools must register for a Preview Day with their middle school guidance counselor/school choice liaison.


For further information, please contact the Admissions Office at 410-396-6557


Where do City College graduates go to college?

City College graduates should expect to attend a four-year college after graduation. Last year, 99% of seniors were accepted to college and over 90% of all recent graduating classes attended a four-year college after graduation. These colleges include: Davidson, MIT, Swarthmore, Pomona, Georgetown, Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Amherst, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Howard, Spelman, Hampton, and Wesleyan.


How do I sign-up for the Middle Years Program or the IB Program?

All City College students in the 9th and 10th grades participate in the Middle Years Program. In the 11th and 12th grades, students can opt to pursue an IB Diploma or IB Certificate based on their academic record and performance.


Where can I learn more about the IB Program?

Please visit the IB page HERE


What if I need help in a class?

All of our teachers are committed to helping students achieve in their classes. Every teacher offers “coach classes”, which are held before or after school and designed to provide additional help to students who need help in a given class.


We also offer academic support centers in writing, research, and math in our Center for Teaching and Learning. HERE


What activities does City offer for students outside of class?

City College offers over 37 sports, clubs, and activities. Please see our Student Life Page HERE

bottom of page